Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Sarah Palin

If my 14 year old daughter became the subject of late night rape jokes, I'd quit politics too. I think she's got a better chance of running for the Senate (and winning) in 2010 on a "I'll give Washington a kick in the ass" platform. As for any presidential ambition she may have, she clearly has a personal appeal to social conservatives which is heighten by the liberal media's contempt. I was thoroughly unimpressed by her performance last fall, as she was an not asset on any issue (other than appealing to social conservatives). I still don't see her winning the nomination in 2012 with the economy as the defining issue. She'd definitely be a better candidate if she waits til 2016 but I wouldn't be surprised if she had entirely disappears from politics by then.

No comments: