Saturday, January 06, 2007

Dean, Kerry, And Forgotten Beliefs

First, in a belated display of my clairvoyance pertaining to Howard Dean, James Carville confirmed my interpretation of Mr. Dean's political future by characterizing him with the most opprobrious adjective in the Democrat dictionary: Rumsfeldian.

After the midterm election, Mr. Carville was asked about Mr. Dean's handling of the campaign and if should be removed as DNC chairman. "In a word, 'yes'," Mr. Carville said. "I think he should be held accountable. I would describe his leadership as Rumsfeldian in its incompetence." The tactics of the 'vast left-wing' Clinton machinery, overtly on display...

Secondly, Clinton allies have attempted to further marginalize and deflate John Kerry's loyalists via a memoir written by former DNC chairman, Terry McAuliffe. In his book, Mr. McAuliffe trounces the Kerry/Edwards campaign with a string of admonishing superlatives. The 'vast conspiracy' continues...

Finally, I'd like to share some thoughts from a Democrat pertaining to Iraq:
  • "We have to succeed. We can't leave a failed Iraq."
  • Asked are Americans now dying in Iraq for a mistake? "No."
  • "I believe that we have to win this (war). The president and I have always agreed on that. And from the beginning, I did vote to give the authority, because I thought Saddam Hussein was a threat, and I did accept (the) intelligence."
  • "I couldn't agree more that the Iraqis want to be free and that they could be free."
  • "The president always has the right, and always has had the right, for preemptive strike."
  • "Saddam Hussein (was) a threat. He needed to be disarmed. We needed to go to the U.N. The president needed the authority to use force in order to be able to get him to do something, because he never did it without the threat of force."
  • "I have a plan for Iraq. I believe we can be successful. I'm not talking about leaving. I'm talking about winning."

These quotes come from then-presidential candidate, John Kerry, during a debate on September 30, 2004. When compared with his post-election rhetoric, it's easy to see why Mr. Kerry has been dismissed from 2008 presidential discussions. Mr. Flip-Flop continues shows his stripes...

No comments: